One of the tools in this package is called Alert Editor, and it lets you subscribe to build faults in a few simple steps:
- Select “Alerts Editor…” from the “Team” menu.
- Click “New” on the toolbar to create a new alert.
- Select “Failed builds” from the “Build Alerts” sub group, and click OK.
- You might have to enter you e-mail address in the Send To field if Team Foundation Server can’t resolve your name.
This alert has a filter that only sends an alert if StatusCode is not Succeded. If you already has an alert, you can add this clause to your existing alert definition.
- Select another alert or close the window to save the changes before testing the alert.
Update: Thanks to TerrenceJ in my comments for recommending an improved filter.